The only tablet that feels like paper
- Take handwritten notes, read, and review documents
- A display that looks and feels like paper
- Convert your handwritten notes into text
- Take notes directly on PDFs
- Eye-friendly reading
- All your notes, organized and accessible on all devices
Frequently asked questions
Payments and shipping
We currently ship to the following countries:
- Canary Islands
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
A few days before delivery, you will receive a link via email and SMS that will allow you to update your delivery preferences like:
Choose a new address: Have it delivered to your home, office, to a friends house, or a new address if you have moved since you first ordered.
Time and date: Choose what best suits you. If you, for example, are on vacation, we can hold your order until you are back.
Delivery: Ask the driver to place it on the porch, give it to you directly, or have a friend sign for it.
If you don't change any details via the link, the package will be delivered as soon as possible to your original shipping address.
Changing delivery preferences is free of charge.
We support credit card (VISA, MasterCard, and American Express), PayPal, and Affirm.
We also support Apple Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay.
For purchases of four or more paper tablets, our webshop currently supports credit card or bank transfer.
Support and returns
After your reMarkable has been delivered, we offer a 30-day return policy. This includes a full refund and free return, no questions asked. See our satisfaction guarantee above.
At the moment, our customer service team is receiving a considerable amount of inquiries. They will get back to you as soon as possible. You can reach them and find answers to most questions on our support pages here.
Inquiries regarding business purchases can be directed here.
Using reMarkable 2
Yes. reMarkable can convert your handwriting into typed text with a simple tap.
The converted document can be sent by email, directly from reMarkable. You can also edit the text after it’s converted.
Handwriting conversion supports cursive and block letters, and works in 33 languages. See supported languages here.
Yes, all your notes and documents are automatically synced via our cloud service. So at any point, your notes are available on your desktop or mobile device via the reMarkable app.
The cloud service also works as a backup. Even if you lose your reMarkable paper tablet, all your notes and documents are safely stored in the cloud, and are easily accessible from the reMarkable app.
You can also turn off the sync functionality, if you don’t want to use the cloud service.
If you're left-handed, don't worry. A few of our colleagues are also left-handed. They want to make sure all lefties have an excellent experience with their reMarkable device.
You can configure left-handed mode when you set up your reMarkable. We've also made it easy to switch between left and right-handed modes in the settings menu.
Specifications and software
The main differences between reMarkable 1 and reMarkable 2 are:
- reMarkable 2 has up to two weeks of battery life. That’s three times longer than reMarkable 1.
- reMarkable 2 is the world’s thinnest tablet. At only 0.19 in / 4.7 mm reMarkable 2 is 30% thinner than reMarkable 1.
- reMarkable 2 features the second-generation CANVAS display, which reduces the writing latency to just 21 ms, making it up to twice as fast as reMarkable 1.
- reMarkable 2 features USB-C for faster charging and data transfer.
- reMarkable 2 features an all new design in anodized aluminium and premium feel.
- reMarkable 2’s Marker Plus has a built-in eraser for quicker and smoother editing.
- reMarkable 2’s accessories, like the Marker, Marker Plus, and Book Folio, snap magnetically to the device.
Size and Weight
- 187 x 246 x 4.7 mm
- Approximately 403.5 g
- 1.2 GHz dual core ARM
Storage and RAM
- 1 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM
- 8 GB internal storage (100,000 pages)
Second-generation CANVAS display
- 10.3" monochrome digital paper display (no colors)
- 1872 x 1404 resolution (226 DPI)
- Partially powered by E Ink Carta technology
- Multi-point capacitive touch
- No charging, setup, or pairing required
- Special high-friction Marker tip
- Tilt detection
- 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz and 5GHz
- Accessory port
- Rechargeable (li-ion battery)
- USB-C charging
- 3000 mAh
- Codex, a custom Linux-based OS optimized for low-latency e-paper
- PDF and ePUB
- Menu language: English only
- Note and file syncing between reMarkable tablet and reMarkable apps for MacOS, Windows 7 and newer, iOS, and Android