Big changes are coming to the reMarkable ecosystem
New ways to take notes. A revamped Connect at a lower cost.
- Upcoming software releases will introduce note-taking and editing of typed text on desktop and mobile devices (for Connect subscribers), pages that combine handwritten and typed text, continuous pages, and more.
- Connect now gives you full access to the reMarkable cloud and additional exclusive benefits.
- New and existing subscribers will save up to 60% going forward.
About a year ago, we launched the subscription service Connect, giving you powerful tools that help you focus and do even more with your reMarkable paper tablet.
We’ve loved seeing the creative ways you’ve used features such as handwriting conversion and Screen Share to turn your paper tablets into productivity powerhouses.
Today, we’re sharing a look ahead at some game-changing features that will begin to roll out later this year. We’re also making big changes to Connect.
In short: If you don’t subscribe to Connect, you now have access to every feature on the paper tablet. If you do subscribe, you’ll soon be able to take and edit notes on mobile and desktop devices — and you’ll save up to 60% a month going forward.
Coming soon for Connect subscribers: note-taking on mobile and desktop devices.
reMarkable. Even better with Connect.
Connect is now just $2.99/mo (See other currencies here) — or about as much as a cup of coffee. Subscribing gives you access to these benefits:
- Unlimited cloud storage
- reMarkable 2 Protection Plan
- Exclusive offers and discounts
- Mobile and desktop note-taking (coming soon)
That last point is a big one, and it’s part of the reason why we’re making this change.
We’re planning a major expansion of the reMarkable productivity ecosystem.
For more than a year, our teams have been working on new features that we think will change how you use reMarkable for focused, distraction-free work across your devices.
As part of that work, it made sense to take another look at how Connect fits into the new note-taking ecosystem we’re building.
Our new approach is simple: Everything that happens on the paper tablet, comes with the paper tablet. Integrating with Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive, converting handwritten notes into text, sending your notes by email, and presenting your ideas on the big screen — it’s all included when you buy a reMarkable.
Connect, as the name suggests, gives you full access to cloud functionality beyond the paper tablet.
With a Connect subscription, your notes will always be stored safely in the reMarkable cloud and instantly accessible from your other smart devices in our apps. Without Connect, only files used and synced online in the last 50 days will continue to be stored in the cloud and updated in our apps.
Soon, Connect will give you the flexibility to expand your ideas across other devices with mobile and desktop note-taking. So subscribers have the ability to tap into the distraction-free qualities of paper from anywhere.
With Connect, you’ll also get exclusive offers in our webshop that other customers miss out on, including discounts on selected products and accessories from www.remarkable.com.
“The feedback we’ve gotten from our more than one million customers worldwide has been vital in helping us build not just a better subscription service, but an ecosystem for knowledge workers." - Magnus Wanberg, CEO of reMarkable
Finally, the reMarkable 2 Protection Plan gives you extra peace of mind with your paper tablet. If you experience any defects with your reMarkable 2 that aren’t caused by accidental damage or similar external factors, we’ll replace it for free. The plan covers devices up to three years old, providing additional coverage and triple the length of the 1-year limited warranty we offer. See full terms on our support page.
Current reMarkable 1 and 2 owners who purchased prior to October 12th, 2021, will continue to be offered full free access to Connect.
When we launched Connect, we said we wanted you — the reMarkable community — to play an integral part in shaping its future. Your feedback has been incredibly helpful as we’ve charted the course going forward.
From all of us at reMarkable: Thank you. We hope you’ll enjoy the changes we’re making.
Coming soon: A new generation of software
Later this year, we’ll start rolling out a major expansion of our software. This series of updates will introduce new ways to take notes, read, and review documents without distractions on reMarkable and other devices.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s coming:
- Note-taking and editing of typed text on desktop and mobile devices (for Connect subscribers): Capture ideas and thoughts no matter where you are. For example, you can start your workflow on the paper tablet, review your notes on your smartphone, and refine them in the desktop app. We’re planning to launch desktop editing this fall, followed by mobile editing in early 2023.
- Documents that combine handwritten and typed text: The best of both writing experiences. For example, you can create a document in the desktop app, and then move to your reMarkable and add hand-drawn elements such as highlights and comments.
- Continuous pages: Go wherever your notes take you. Your imagination — not the confines of the screen — is the only thing limiting your ideas. Many templates will also support continuous vertical scrolling within pages.
- Improved handwriting conversion: Save converted text to a page and keep editing the text on your reMarkable.
These updates will transform the way our software ecosystem works to support the best of analog and digital note-taking. We think this will help you maintain focus as you go about your day and move between different settings and devices as needed.
Introducing typed text to reMarkable for the first time opens up entirely new possibilities for note-taking. It will give you the freedom to explore your notes from your preferred devices, combining the focus of handwriting on a paper-like display with the ease and accessibility of our apps.
We can’t wait for you to try all the new features in the works for reMarkable — and hear how they help you gather your thoughts and find focus.
One million make their mark
A few days ago we reached a fantastic new milestone for our company. One million reMarkable paper tablets sold, helping a million people worldwide focus, think, and capture their best ideas.
Introducing Room to Think
We’re very excited to present a beta version of our latest initiative: Room to Think. A collection of virtual spaces, with soundtracks and visuals to help you find focus.
Behind the scenes of our pop-up store at Oslo Airport
In October, we created a new destination for reMarkable by launching a brand new pop-up store at Oslo Airport.