Do you want to make products that help people think better?
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company that develops products and services to help people think better in a distracted world. In a short amount of time, we’ve grown from a small startup to having over 200 permanent employees and two fantastic offices in central Oslo. Following the successful launch of our second-generation paper tablet, which has been named as one of TIME's "100 Best Innovations of 2020", we’re facing new challenges and opportunities as we expand into the global arena. That’s why we’re currently looking for a Embedded Release Manager to help us develop and improve both new and current products for the worldwide market. Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
About the role
Embedded software plays an important role in reMarkable’s mission of enabling Better Thinking. The current embedded software portfolio spans our paper tablet’s operating system, manufacturing test process and end-to-end test procedures. As a Embedded Release Manager you will take the driver seat for managing these software streams and be responsible for coordinating and delivering all embedded software at reMarkable to both internal and external stakeholders.
Success as a Embedded Release Manager requires an understanding of the embedded software development processes, planning, coordination and collaboration with development teams, product management, manufacturers, suppliers and other domain experts.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead embedded software releases and deployments.
- Coordinate end-2-end testing across teams and ensure that quality requirements are met.
- Coordinate release note generation.
- Manage timelines for current and future release.
- Inform stakeholders of release status and events (branch-off, milestones, test results).
- Make recommendations about release readiness.
- Implement improvements to release processes.
Who are you?
- You have experience with managing software release processes.
- You are a structured person with an action oriented mindset.
- Quality is important to you, and you strive to deliver it in all aspects of your work life.
- You are a focused person with the ability of getting things done.
- You are comfortable with working in a high paced environment.
- Being familiar with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Being familiar with Git or GitHub is beneficial.
- Being interested in consumer electronics technology is an advantage.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and adaptable team in a collaborative environment. We work together to solve everything from production, hardware, software development, marketing campaigns, company strategy, management, CRM, content production, and more.
- Rewarding and challenging tasks that you will see the direct results from.
- The opportunity to get involved in every step of creating a product used and valued by hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe.
- Career development opportunities with a focus on professional and personal development, either as a specialist in your chosen field, or a team leader. We understand as a fast-growing company both are crucial to our success.
- Fantastic offices in a historical building in central Oslo and a newly renovated building close by designed specifically for our rapidly expanding team.
- The chance to join an exciting Nordic tech scale-up in a booming sector.
- Competitive terms and conditions, you will also have the opportunity to purchase shares at our employee price and enjoy six weeks of paid holiday per year.
In reMarkable we have all disciplines gathered at the same location. You will be exposed to experts within application development, user experience, design, finance, marketing and logistics to name a few.
At reMarkable we offer a unique opportunity to contribute towards building a global tech company. You will join a fast-growing organization with passionate employees and lots of great social activities. We aim to offer a work environment where you will be challenged and that is centered around our core values of Curiosity, Dedication, and Generosity.
A reMarkable technology department
As a member of the embedded unit you will join a rapidly growing technology department in the heart of Oslo. Our goal is to create a world-leading embedded environment with expertise within all aspects of embedded software development.
For us, technology is about proactively meeting people's needs in an ever-changing world.
The technology department's mission is to solve impossible tasks and make the unthinkable possible. We create technology that not only describes our vision but makes us humans, better thinkers.
Our goal is to take the best of two worlds; the digital, and the analog, and create tools that increase learning, focus, and presence. We create consumer technology without digital distractions.