Want to be part of developing reMarkable’s new subscription service?
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company that develops products and services to help people think better in a distracted world. In a short amount of time, we’ve grown from a small startup to having over 200 permanent employees and two fantastic offices in central Oslo. Following the successful launch of our second-generation paper tablet, which has been named as one of TIME's "100 Best Innovations of 2020", we’re facing new challenges and opportunities as we expand into the global arena.
That’s why we’re currently looking for a Strategy Analyst to help us take our growth to the next level as we grow into a truly global business. Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
About the role
As a Strategy Analyst in reMarkable you will be a key resource in the Subscription team, and you will be a key resource in making our subscription service a success. reMarkable launched its first subscription service, Connect, in October 2021. Launching a subscription service was an important milestone for us and we are on an exciting journey with developing this further.
The main purpose of this role is to drive how we work with performance management and tracking related to our subscription service. To thrive in this role you must combine strong data analytics skills with solid business acumen and commercial understanding. You will be heavily involved in defining KPIs and targets, making sure we are able to track these and propose and initiate initiatives if we are not performing according to defined targets. Modelling of the user base, financial metrics, churn and more will be important parts of your day to day work and will enable reMarkable to act based on a solid understanding of underlying data. You will be part of a great team and will need to collaborate closely with the rest of reMarkable to succeed in this role.
Launching a subscription service marks a major change in reMarkable’s business model and is part of our ambitious growth journey. We are just at the beginning of making subscription and Connect a success and we need people with fresh thinking, bold ambitions and the drive to succeed with something few others have done before us!
As Strategy Analyst in reMarkable you can expect to be a central part of where decisions are taken and where action happens. You will benefit from being part of the Strategy organization and at the same time dedicate most effort to subscription related work
Further tasks and responsibilities
- Define KPIs and set targets for our subscription service
- Ensure that we are able to track and follow these KPIs through effective dashboard and information sharing
- Identify trends and improvements areas and propose/initiate initiatives for improvement
- Assess attractiveness and commercial potential of new features and benefits relevant for our subscription service (market sizing, willingness to pay, business case)
- Analyze customer and industry data to understand best practice, market trends and peers/competitors
- Work together with the Subscription team and the rest of reMarkable to ensure we meet defined goals
- Be part of cross functional teams responsible for delivering on defined project scope to improve our subscription service
- Support the subscription team in day-to-day operations (reporting and continuous data analysis)
- Relevant master’s degree (economics, finance, strategy, engineering, industrial economics)
- 2-4 years experience from management/strategy consulting and/or subscription based companies
- Experience with performance management and tracking
- Experience with subscription services and recurring revenue based business models is an advantage but not a requirement
- Fluent in written and spoken English
It is also an advantage if you have
- Solid strategic and commercial capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience financial modelling skills
- Experience with and like working in powerpoint and excel
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with working with numbers
- Comfortable with complex problems and data set
- Personal drive and initiative
- Some knowledge or understanding of basic coding (e.g. SQL)
- Worked with data analysis tools (e.g. Looker or Tableau)
What do we offer?
The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and adaptable team in a collaborative environment. We work together to solve everything from production, hardware, software development, marketing campaigns, company strategy, management, CRM, content production, and lots more
Rewarding and challenging tasks that you will see the direct results from
The opportunity to get involved in every step of creating a product used and valued by hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe
Career development opportunities with a focus on professional and personal development, either as a specialist in your chosen field, or a team leader. We understand as a fast-growing company both are crucial to our success
Fantastic offices in our own converted townhouse in central Oslo and a brand new building close by designed specifically for our rapidly expanding team
The chance to join an exciting Nordic tech scaleup in a booming sector
At reMarkable we offer a unique opportunity to contribute towards building a global tech company. You will join a fast-growing organization with passionate employees and lots of great social activities. We aim to offer a work environment where you will be challenged and that is centered around our core values of Curiosity, Dedication, and Generosity.
As well as offering competitive terms and conditions, you will also have the opportunity to purchase shares at our employee price and enjoy six weeks of holiday per year.
A reMarkable Strategic initiatives department
We lead and support strategic initiatives across reMarkable. The teams that are set up are always interdisciplinary, and our task is to take care of the strategic aspects of the initiatives. We place special emphasis on the ability to identify what is important for the success of the initiative, and how it plays out with the rest of reMarkable. The strategic initiatives often have a commercial side.